The UK Speechwriters’ Guild supports the professional development of speechwriters by organising conferences and training. Our purpose is to:
- show the value of good speechwriting to individuals and organisations
- invite the best speechwriters to explain their craft
- share trade information, with hints, tips and examples of fine speechwriting.
We want to shape a thriving international industry.
We welcome new members and those wishing to develop the skills of speechwriting and public speaking for professional purposes.
- Details of the Speechwriters & Business Communicators spring conference 2-4 April 2014 at Trinity College, Oxford
- Open Course – Dr Max Atkinson Masterclass
UK Speechwriters’ Guild Business Communicator of the Year 2014
The judges said: “Steve Bee has a remarkable ability to speak about pensions in a humorous and compelling way. He has an admirable vision: ‘pensions without the piffle’ and we are impressed by his ability to put complicated ideas into words of one syllable. Listening to Steve Bee is like being entertained by a stand-up comedian. Only when you get home do the implications of what he’s told you hit you like a bucket of cold water.’’
Last year’s winner was Rory Sutherland, the advertising guru. Previous award winners have included Gillian Tett and Sir Martin Broughton.
Email us to get a copy of the citation explaining why Steve Bee won the award.
We’re now looking for nominations for our 2014 competition. If you have heard a particularly outstanding speech in 2014, please contact us.