The UK Speechwriters’ Guild supports the professional development of speechwriters by organising conferences and training.
We offer members:
- Discounts on our two international conferences a year. One in the UK and one in Europe
- Discounts on open training workshops in London and around the country
- An email newsletter with jobs, competitions and gossip about our trade
- A PDF magazine called The Speechwriter with expert tips and articles
- Support with freelance speechwriting services
- The chance to nominate UK Business Communicator of the Year
- An annual reception in London
We welcome new members and those wishing to develop the skills of speechwriting and public speaking for professional purposes.
- Find a professional speechwriter for you
- Offer in-house speechwriting training for companies
- Advertise speechwriting jobs to our mailing list (467 subscribers 24/11/14)
- Supply books with speechwriting advice
- Find a specialist speaker for your conference
- Translate your speech into foreign languages
UK Speechwriters’ Guild Business Communicator of the Year 2014
The judges said: “Steve Bee has a remarkable ability to speak about pensions in a humorous and compelling way. He has an admirable vision: ‘pensions without the piffle’ and we are impressed by his ability to put complicated ideas into words of one syllable. Listening to Steve Bee is like being entertained by a stand-up comedian. Only when you get home do the implications of what he’s told you hit you like a bucket of cold water.’’
Steve joins a distinguished line-up of winners.
2013 – Rory Sutherland, Ogilvy
2012 – Gillian Tett, Financial Times
2011 – Geoff Burch
2010 – Sir Martin Broughton, British Airways
Email us to get a copy of the citation explaining why Steve Bee won the award.
We’re now looking for nominations for our 2014 competition. If you have heard a particularly outstanding speech in 2014, please contact us.